Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Generic User Avatar

internet explorer saying page cannot be displayed

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Th3Lib3r4t0r

Th3Lib3r4t0r

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:48 PM

Ive seen it happen only on youtube sometimes my family uses my computer and happens to them. SOMETIMES it happens but its annoying because it won't reload the youtube pageI want to see. thought It was parental settings(ugghh my parents...jk) but saw no change besides it being set on medium. not really sure how to fix it as trouble shooting does nothing. as I stated it will go back to my subscriptions but refuse to load a video/page I would choose to see (sometimes, not always) and so I cannot see the video/page. It says this page can't be displayed with https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com telling to make sure its correct. My OS is windows 8. I was too lazy to install chrome but if nothing can be fixed about it then I will be glad to install chrome. UPDATE:  Maybe its malware. I have been doing sketchy things so I will run anti-malwarebytes on my comp/full scan. will update later if problem is fixed if not maybe someone has an answer on here. I ran it and found no malware soo idk wats happenin

Edited by Th3Lib3r4t0r, 06 May 2014 - 11:58 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Th3Lib3r4t0r

Th3Lib3r4t0r
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:57 PM

UPDATE:  Maybe its malware. I have been doing sketchy things so I will run anti-malwarebytes on my comp/full scan. will update later if problem is fixed if not maybe someone has an answer on here

#3 Th3Lib3r4t0r

Th3Lib3r4t0r
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:05 PM

UPDATE: anti-malwarebytes ran and found no malware on my computer sooooo idk wats happenin.

#4 MAT60L

MAT60L

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 AM

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:25 AM

Ive seen it happen only on youtube sometimes my family uses my computer and happens to them. SOMETIMES it happens but its annoying because it won't reload the youtube pageI want to see. thought It was parental settings(ugghh my parents...jk) but saw no change besides it being set on medium. not really sure how to fix it as trouble shooting does nothing. as I stated it will go back to my subscriptions but refuse to load a video/page I would choose to see (sometimes, not always) and so I cannot see the video/page. It says this page can't be displayed with https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com telling to make sure its correct. My OS is windows 8. I was too lazy to install chrome but if nothing can be fixed about it then I will be glad to install chrome. UPDATE:  Maybe its malware. I have been doing sketchy things so I will run anti-malwarebytes on my comp/full scan. will update later if problem is fixed if not maybe someone has an answer on here. I ran it and found no malware soo idk wats happenin

I have the exact same problem it started yesterday only does it on YouTube.. I'm also running 8.1

#5 dannyboy660

dannyboy660

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:34 PM

Hi,

I had a similar problem too, especially on youtube.

I managed to solve it simply by going to the Google dashboard on my account, and opting out of internet and Google based advertising.

The problem seems to be caused by certain targeted Ads failing to load correctly. Opt out completely, restart your browser and try again. It worked for me. Good luck. 

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 19,987 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:56 PM

dannyboy660....Thanks for posting the fix. I think you nailed it as the URL that the OP posted says it is an ad...(pagead2)

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon’s, but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition, and ignorance on the other. Ulysses S. Grant...Republican president who correctly predicted the cause of Trump's attempted coup.

#7 Th3Lib3r4t0r

Th3Lib3r4t0r
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:50 PM

yes thanksssss Dannyboy660

#8 installer

installer

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:10 AM

I think clearing the cache and all deleting all temp files and cookies will do the trick too. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users